Adventures Of A JunketeerA Entertainment Reporter's Journey Through Celebrity Culture
What is a Junketeer?
It's a term used in the movie industry to describe an entertainment reporter that travels around the world weekly on press junkets. Movie studios invite a select group of journalists to attend their premieres and interview the cast of the film and then bring those interviews back to their home city. In my case, San Diego! So a junketeer is an entertainment reporter that regularly attends these press junkets.
While films like "America's Sweethearts" or "Notting Hill," have poked fun at the simpleness of press junkets, they are actually loads of work. But the work is worth it. And sometimes, they turn into the most incredible life experiences...check out this page and see if you agree!
- January 2014 – Critics’ Choice Movie Awards
- Joy Unspeakable… Beach Wedding Blessings
- Snapshot of 2013: Better Late Than Never
- San Diego Union-Tribune Style Profile Feature
- February 2012 – “John Carter”
- February 2012 – Berlinale & European Film Market (EFM)
- January 2012 – Critics’ Choice Movie Awards
- HARDFLIP: Hollywood Premiere – My First Feature Film
- 11.11.11 — Inaugural Carrier Classic
- October 2011 – “The Three Musketeers”
- July 2011 – Comic-Con International
- June 2011 – “Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon”
- Tom Hanks in “Larry Crowne” – Dallas, TX
- May 2011 – Cannes Film Festival
- March, 2011 – Rio de Janiero, Brazil
Category Archives: Uncategorized
“RIO” Premiere Christ the Redeemer is one the new Seven Wonders of the World so it was a must stop for me once I landed in Rio de Janeiro. It was a foggy, rainy day but I still made the … Continue reading
January 2011 Our annual awards show!! I went with my amazing brother Ryan, Heidi Ortlip, and fellow BFCA member Jake Hamilton. Always a fun night celebrating the best of film for the year…once again held at the Hollywood Palladium.
Took the Eurostar for the first time and went to Paris for a few days with Heidi Ortlip. It was December and the city was absolutely magical. We stayed right on the Champs Elysee, which was blanketed in snow and … Continue reading
December 2010 – London, UK It was an absolutely freezing night in London for the World Premiere. I’d expect nothing less in the middle of December but not only was 20th Century FOX making fake snow for the whimsical premiere, … Continue reading
November 2010 – London, UK It wouldn’t feel like a Harry Potter film opening without a trip to London to talk with the cast. This time Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint have all wrapped their decade long roles … Continue reading
Hi Everyone – I’m officially entering the blogging world! So many people ask me about my experiences traveling the world interviewing celebrities on the movie press junkets. With some prompting from friends, I figured why not write about my adventures … Continue reading
Welcome to WordPress.com. This is your first post. Edit or delete it and start blogging!