Adventures Of A JunketeerA Entertainment Reporter's Journey Through Celebrity Culture
What is a Junketeer?
It's a term used in the movie industry to describe an entertainment reporter that travels around the world weekly on press junkets. Movie studios invite a select group of journalists to attend their premieres and interview the cast of the film and then bring those interviews back to their home city. In my case, San Diego! So a junketeer is an entertainment reporter that regularly attends these press junkets.
While films like "America's Sweethearts" or "Notting Hill," have poked fun at the simpleness of press junkets, they are actually loads of work. But the work is worth it. And sometimes, they turn into the most incredible life experiences...check out this page and see if you agree!
- January 2014 – Critics’ Choice Movie Awards
- Joy Unspeakable… Beach Wedding Blessings
- Snapshot of 2013: Better Late Than Never
- San Diego Union-Tribune Style Profile Feature
- February 2012 – “John Carter”
- February 2012 – Berlinale & European Film Market (EFM)
- January 2012 – Critics’ Choice Movie Awards
- HARDFLIP: Hollywood Premiere – My First Feature Film
- 11.11.11 — Inaugural Carrier Classic
- October 2011 – “The Three Musketeers”
- July 2011 – Comic-Con International
- June 2011 – “Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon”
- Tom Hanks in “Larry Crowne” – Dallas, TX
- May 2011 – Cannes Film Festival
- March, 2011 – Rio de Janiero, Brazil
Join 17 other followers
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Kelli Gillespie accomplished what many women in media dream of: Land a San Diego-based job that enables you to jet-set across the globe and work alongside the film industry’s greatest actors. It’s the best of Hollywood glamour, without any stress of … Continue reading