Adventures Of A JunketeerA Entertainment Reporter's Journey Through Celebrity Culture
What is a Junketeer?
It's a term used in the movie industry to describe an entertainment reporter that travels around the world weekly on press junkets. Movie studios invite a select group of journalists to attend their premieres and interview the cast of the film and then bring those interviews back to their home city. In my case, San Diego! So a junketeer is an entertainment reporter that regularly attends these press junkets.
While films like "America's Sweethearts" or "Notting Hill," have poked fun at the simpleness of press junkets, they are actually loads of work. But the work is worth it. And sometimes, they turn into the most incredible life experiences...check out this page and see if you agree!
- January 2014 – Critics’ Choice Movie Awards
- Joy Unspeakable… Beach Wedding Blessings
- Snapshot of 2013: Better Late Than Never
- San Diego Union-Tribune Style Profile Feature
- February 2012 – “John Carter”
- February 2012 – Berlinale & European Film Market (EFM)
- January 2012 – Critics’ Choice Movie Awards
- HARDFLIP: Hollywood Premiere – My First Feature Film
- 11.11.11 — Inaugural Carrier Classic
- October 2011 – “The Three Musketeers”
- July 2011 – Comic-Con International
- June 2011 – “Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon”
- Tom Hanks in “Larry Crowne” – Dallas, TX
- May 2011 – Cannes Film Festival
- March, 2011 – Rio de Janiero, Brazil
Monthly Archives: August 2010
Verona, Italy – “Letters to Juliet” I’ve traveled all over the world but usually I get to stay more than one night – but one night was all my schedule could allow so I figured, you’re only young once, I … Continue reading
Mardi Gras in San Diego – “Hot Tub Time Machine” The Office’s Craig Robinson and Greek’s Clark Duke come to San Diego to Grand Marshall the Mardi Gras Parade. I moderated their special screening with Q&A and they asked me … Continue reading
The Critics’ Choice Movie Awards This is the awards show where all the journalists vote of the top movies, actors and choice awards for the past year. Since I’m a member of the Broadcast Film Critics Association (BFCA) I get … Continue reading
London, UK – World Premiere “Avatar” World Premiere of 2oth Century’s Avatar!! The highest grossing movie of all time! Can’t even begin to describe the feeling in the streets and the stars as they lined the blue carpet in Leicester … Continue reading
Jackson Hole/Yellowstone, Wyoming – “2012” Roland Emmerich’s 2012 took me to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for interviews. The film starred John Cusack, Woody Harrelson and Amanda Peet. It was unseasonable cold, single digits with snow! It was so cold we almost … Continue reading
Bora Bora – “Couples Retreat “ Swimming with sting rays, snorkeling with sharks, and jet skiing the island… all with the cast of Universal Pictures Couples Retreat! I sat down on the beautiful beaches of Bora Bora to do interviews with … Continue reading
Welcome to WordPress.com. This is your first post. Edit or delete it and start blogging!